Skip to main content

Hi, I want to run a light show with a couple moving heads and LED par cans, the thing I need is: It will be in a traveling band and I can't reprogram the hundreds of moving head steps or scenes at each venue, so I guess I need something that has "home" positions that I can aim the heads at a couple of positions at each different venue and have ALL the steps/scenes go to the correct positions. Thanks for your advice.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hands down compu show software. It has a palette function that allows you to record focus, color, position and many others. Say you had a scene that put all spots on the drums. And you had 20 of those scenes. All you have to do is create one palette with the movers in position on the drums and save it. Then use that palette for any drums position. Now if you get to a new venue and the drums are not in their usual spot all you have to do is update that one drums palette and EVERY single scene or switch that used that drum palette will automatically be updated with the new position. Its that simple.
Sincerely,
Well that depends on your budget. Our lowest class model is compu cue basic. I'm not sure of the price as I'm not sales but I know for sure it is Definetly under $800.00. Best bet is to call some stores in your area to get better pricing info. But if you got the compu cue basic the palette function I talked about will work on that model. It will actually work on all the model interfaces as it is a standard feature in the software.
Sincerely,
I've been doing some playing around and learning with Compu Show. All I can say is that there's a ton of stuff in there.

I like the concept of if I gotta move the stage plot around, I don't have to reprogram my light show as a result. Plus, I could see this being an issue in a festival show, or any show using mainly movers. How cool is that? Come up with your basic concept, and then if you have to move things around a bit, it doesn't really matter because the software can be told how to adjust. Super cool!

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.