Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by CJ THE DJ:
no i am just a dj. I was just wondering...

are you power spot 250's the best 250 watt moving head to buy from you or do you recomend a different one?

Here's my $.02 :

There's no doubt there are better 250W moving heads, but they are going to cost a lot more.
For example, the Robe ColorSpot 250 AT is really good.
It has a tad bit more light output, quieter, but cost almost TWICE as much.

The Martin MAC250 Entour is a better 250W fixture, but a new one will cost you $3,000.00.

A better match in price is the Pearl River Pilot 250. This has another gobo wheel.
I have never seen Pearl River lights. This light has a little less light output than the Elation Power Spot 250. At least based on their specs compared to Elation's Power Spot 250.
I wonder how quiet the Pear River is? Probably not...

The bottom line is the Elation Power Spot 250 is probably the best light in its price range.
Can they improve it..... Yes.
Here's my suggestions.
1. Motorized iris controlled via DMX.
2. Another Gobo wheel like the Power Spot 575.
3. Improve light output. It's possible since there are 250W movig heads that have more light output.

I currently own two Elation Power Spot 250 and anticipate buying at least four design wash 250 lights (Only if priced priced reasonable). Assuming their light output at LEAST matches their Power Wash 250. Hopefully it has improved output.
The Robe ColorWash 250 AT has the best light output in a 250W moving head fixture. To bad it cost twice as much as the Power Wash 250, I'd buy them. Hopefully the Elation Design Wash 250 will be reasonable.
Hey guys, there is one more spot 250 that everyone else is forgetting, and we are doing very well with it.

It is the Elation Design Spot 250. The newest 250 spot in the market that is getting a lot of great reviews.
Just as steve suggested we incorporated the following.
1. motorized iris controlled via DMX.
2. a second gobo wheel
3. improved light output (for a 250 of course) with an extra included 20 degree beam lens to make the patern projection larger.
4. motorized frost filter, which allows the spot to be double as a wash.
5. RDMX so that you can address the dmx with a dmx controller
6. slot lock gobo replacement system, to easily change out gobo patterns.
7. Only a few more dollars that the already great Power Spot 250.

Some draw backs in comparison to Power Spot 250.
1. Power Spot 250 is faster than Design Spot 250
2. Power Spot 250 has 4.9mw laser
3. Some people say Power Spot 250 has better colors.
4. Power Spot 250 is aproximatly 6 lbs lighter.

The choice is yours, but both really good lights.

Best regards,
Hi CJ,

We have used our Design Spot 250's in a theatrical environment before and have found them to be fairly quiet. In fact they get used on just about every job we do now. The output is totally amazing!
We did a function at one of the Theme Parks and we ended up lighting up a theme park ride over 100 metres away!
Awesome little fixture. We are adding more to the hire department next week.
quote:
3. improved light output (for a 250 of course) with an extra included 20 degree beam lens to make the patern projection larger.

Hi everyone. John, when I picked up a pair of brand-new design spot 250s, i couldn't find the 20-degree beam lens anywhere in the box. where exactly are/were they supposed to be in the packaging? thanks!

-Derek

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.