Skip to main content

I bought a used Magic 260 and it appears to have problems. I installed the MX-4 profile for the first 4 lights. I also installed all my other lights. Everything appears to be right.

I start playing with the board and the first MX-4 works find. The next three don't respond to the encoder at all, but go back to the first one and it still works. Some lights the encoders work and others don't respond. I am not talking about the lights working or not, just that the board doesn't even register that the encoders are moving at all.

Anyone ever have an issue like this? I have reloaded the profiles 3 or 4 times with no luck. I am a computer geek so I am good with manuals and am certain that I have done the steps as written in the instructions. can anyone suggest something other than either destroy this board or send it back to ADJ. I am concerned that a repair might cost as much as a the board cost me.....
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Axisplayer,
Is each fixture addressed correctly? You can check the starting address of each fixture by entering the Patch Fixture option from the menu. Make sure it's set to On and it will provide you with the correct starting address for each fixture.

You might also want to perform a complete memory dump since it was purchased used. This is done by holding the delete button and pressing enter. Then scroll through the different menu options and look for "erase all memory". Try this and see what happens.
I have done a complete memory dump twice as I have reinstalled the fixtures a number of times.

Lights are addressed correctly as the same addresses work with my Martin Freekie.

Further, the board shows the DMX values for the encoders, and the the encoders show changes for the first MX4 yet the board does not show a value change for the encoders on lights 2,3 or 4. Then you select light one again, and the values do show changes as you rotate the encoder. It just seems that some lights DO show value changes from the encoders and others do not.
Finally found the time to take this unit off the shelf and play more with it. I did select all fixtures as "no fixture" and then reinstalled a few MX-4s. The addresses are guaranteed correct. Unit one works fine. Units 2-4 don't work at all. The encoder shows changes in values for unit one, but when you select any other unit, the encoder quits working. go back to unit one and it works again.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.