Skip to main content

Quick question on the DP-640B. I have an older unit that is 2400w per channel, meaning I can use 20a on channel one, two, three, four, etc. or I can use a combination between channels 1-3 or 4-6 that get up to 2400w since it is 20a per leg. The issue I have is I have a newer one that is UL listed, which is great. However, the newer units are listed on the pack as 5.3a max per channel and 16a max per leg (basically 636w per channel at 120v, 610w at 115v). This doesn't do me any good since I need 20a per channel. I will sometimes load two 1k Fresnels per channel but only use a channel at a time or I use 750w lamps, one or 2 per channel.

So my question ultimately is, is it possible to get the older style packs still since I need 20a per channel and not 5.3a per channel? Also note in the latest manual online, it still lists the unit as being 2400w per channel basically, "Load............................................ 2400W Channels 1~3, 2400W Channels 4~6". The other major misleading part is the fact that the plugs on the face are 15a or 20a females. 20a plug is meant for more then 15a and the pack is rated at 5.3a. Let me know, thanks guys.
Original Post

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.