Skip to main content

Because there is no sensitivity for the sound activation lighting it switches way too often and too quickly. I'm thinking that if I could control the lighting from the stage I may be able to work with what I have. Looking for a suggestion on how I can control the lighting from the stage with a foot control. I see there is a DB9 ext step control. Will this allow me to control the Operator 192 from a foot switch?
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

As of 2007, Elation hadn't actually developed the foot controller for the 192. See:
http://forums.americandj.com/e...1000673/m/2901078564
[Don't know, but doubt they ever came out with one - not matches on Elation's website if you plug in fc192.]

But using a midi foot controller would probably be a better option for you whether or not an Fc192 were available.

I use an FCB1010 with my Magic 260 to control a few things, but it is of very limited use:
http://forums.elationlighting....31001&m=184002530001

It could be that because the O192 is not as flexibile as the M260, the FCB1010 will do everything you need.

I'm not aware of a foot board that is more flexible. A Korg padKontrol has great flexibility and would be able to anything you need, but not with your foot.

I use my keyboard and an iPad (with the midi surface ap) much more. If you have a keyboard with programmable button (I used the trigger buttons on a Korg M-50 to great advantage). As good as the M-50 is, I'm going to switch from the iPad to the padKontrol as soon as I can figure out how to mount it in my rig so that I can easy punch a button while I'm playing the keyboard - the padKontrol will give me easier access to more options than the iPad does.
I meant to say "As good as the iPad is, I'm switching to a padKontrol."

The problem with the M-50 trigger buttons is that I use the same patch on multiple songs. The lighting for one song might be inappropriate for another song that uses the same patch. Sometimes having only four light settings during a song is limiting (but in all honestly, not very often).

I could solve that problem by having separate patches for each song (max 128 songs selectable with my FCB1010 - which sets the patches on all my boards for each song.), but I haven't gone there because I expect our song list to exceed 128 songs pretty soon.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.