Skip to main content

Ok, new to the scene here! I just received a new Magic 260, right out of the box i noticed that the joystick is stiff, it moves to the right very easily just like a joystick should and after releasing snaps back to center. Moving in any other direction it is stiff like its rubbing on the ball portion and after releasing will not snap back to center. Now im not claiming to know everything, but please tell me this is not normal. It should move freely right? Just looking at it again and looks like the ball is not centered in the hole. And maybe rubbing a little on the inside of the console. Thanks for all your help and is there anything i can do, not really crazy about boxing it up and shipping it back, i am anxious to get do some learning and programming.
Original Post
I asked one of our ADJ techs about this as the controller is sold by ADJ, "The plastic joystick sits on a metal shaft that can come loose during shipping. It's not common, but it has happened. All he needs to do is push down on the joystick (lightly), while it sits in the center position and he should hear a light thump. The joystick should now move around freely."
Let me know how that works for you.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.