Skip to main content

(My rig as it is at this show is 4 technobeams, 2 DS 250, 11 mega bars, and 4 dimmer packs. I am programming it all with CompuLive 2006 1024EC....This is my first show using Compulive)

Just got around to using my Elation DS 250 moving head fixtures tonight for a show that is this weekend. Bought them used on Ebay. both fixtures have very few hours on them....I noticed that when the fixture would move around in a figure 8 type pattern the dimmer flags would drift into the light train dimming the light...when I would click on the "dimmer" button on the DS 250 page in CompuLive and pull the dimmer down and back up again the problem would go away....however after more movement the flags would drift into the light train again. It does it on both fixtures, but on one worse than the other. tried strobing the fixtures and all that seemed to work fine. I am not sure what to look for on this problem....It seems like a fixture issue but it could just as well be something in CL that I am not aware of.

Any advice at all would be helpful.

Thanks

Shane
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Could you send me the fixture profile that was patched into the program for your design spots? I can make sure there isn't a error in the profile that would cause this. If it's not the profile it seems to be a service issue and I will have our service boss respond to your post at that point.
Please email profile too jamesk at elation lighting dot com.
Sincerely,
Fixing to email you the fixture profile...file. i hear what you are saying about it possibly being a service issue...but i am not so convinced of that since it does it on both fixtures. i am going to run one of the internal programs tonight taking the DMX control out of the equation....I have run them before with CL at my house and did not notice any problems....and I had them running all over the place! Anyway....look for email from me shortly.

Thanks
If they are anything menu wise like my DS575s, you can reset the hour counters on them, both lamp and total run times. DS250s have been discontinued for a while now, so I would find it odd to find used ones with that low amount of hours on them. Also keep in mind, since you bought used you can't be 100% sure how they were handled before they reached your hands, something else to thing about.
quote:
If they are anything menu wise like my DS575s, you can reset the hour counters on them, both lamp and total run times. DS250s have been discontinued for a while now, so I would find it odd to find used ones with that low amount of hours on them. Also keep in mind, since you bought used you can't be 100% sure how they were handled before they reached your hands, something else to thing about.

I was not aware that you could reset fixture hours without swapping out the board. Either way I tend to believe that the low hours are actual on these fixtures since they are extremely clean inside and out....they look new...except for the bad "feeling" motor.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.