Skip to main content

Hello All,
I have the Operator 192 controller. I run the light show for a 6 piece band and would like to be able to Program in scenes and chases prior to each show via a computer.

Our band does not usually go off a set list. They constantly change the sets depending on the crowd response. I would like to program a chase into the system and be able to pick the chase corresponding to the song that they are playing.

Ideally what I want to do is program in the chases and visualize it in a software program then download it to the controller to play (without the computer) when needed. Is this possible to do with the operator 192 controller?
Last edited {1}
Original Post
Hi Bill, welcome to the forums.

It is possible, but it will be costly. You will need something like this so you can input DMX and watch the lights via a visualizer. The 1024EC has a limited visualizer though, so you might need the 2048FC+ to do what you need it to do. I am also not 100% sure if it is possible with this, though I am pretty positive.

The only other programs that let you do this would be WYSIWYG or Vector Works Spotlight with Renderworks. Those programs are extremely costly and most likely way more complicated and more powerful then you need. Updates are also only good for a year on them, so you have to re-license the product ever year, adding to the cost.

I would wait for someone from Elation to confirm what I think can actually be done with the Compu dongles and then decide if it is cost effective for you, or just easier and more cost effective to set up your light system and program it that way.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.