Skip to main content

Has anyone else had a problem with getting the "Go" button on the Magic 260 to work?

The manual says if "Manual" is turned off, "you will hve to press the GO buttong during show playback to trigger show steps." I read this to mean that it won't automatically step through the scenes in the show, and it will if automatically go through the scenes if Manual is ON.

I've saved the same show with Manual turned OFF and ON, and the show plays the same either way, i.e., the show goes through its scenes automatically whether Manual is set to ON or OFF.

Any idea what I might be doing wrong?

BTW: I don't get why having Manual ON is supposed to be automatic, and Manual OFF is supposed to be non-automatic, i.e., manual. What's up with that?

Thanks,

Hobson
Original Post
Sergio cleared this up for me. As the manual makes clear, the GO button allows you to manually step through each scene of a show. The manual is not clear (at least to me) that the scenes will play automatically even if the "Manual" setting is set to ON if the TAPSYNC button is activated (in which case the GO button does nothing). So if you wan to use the GO button, make sure that the TAPSYNC buttong is off. [Hold it down for 2 seconds.]

Thhe AUDIO button overrides the manual setting in exactly the same way.

BTW: Paragraph (5) of Section 20 of the manual is incorrect when it says "If you changed the MANUAL FEATURE to OFF, when recording the show, it can only playback manually by pressing the GO button." It's actually incorrect in two respects. To use the GO button the MANUAL FEATURE has to be set to ON (not OFF), and the scenes in the show can playback automatically (even with the MANUAL FEATURE set to ON) by using either the TAPSYNC button or the AUDIO.

Hobson

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.