Skip to main content

Hi all, I just purchased an Magic 260 with the Ulink attachment. I am running Ver 1.09 of the software on Windows 7 Service Pack 1 on a Toshiba. The software loaded ok however I am not able to do any data transfers from or to the controller. Any thoughts?

I thought I may have a driver issue with the ULink cable. I could not force the PC to load the drivers for the Ulink. Any thoughts?
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by Aaron:
Hi all, I just purchased an Magic 260 with the Ulink attachment. I am running Ver 1.09 of the software on Windows 7 Service Pack 1 on a Toshiba. The software loaded ok however I am not able to do any data transfers from or to the controller. Any thoughts?

I thought I may have a driver issue with the ULink cable. I could not force the PC to load the drivers for the Ulink. Any thoughts?

This may sound stupid but make sure you plug the dongle end into the PC. I actually did it backwards and plugged the USB plug ito the PC and had the dongle end at the Magic 260 USB port but clearly that isn't right and won't work. he dongle is really a USB-to-Serial adapter and you'll hear your computer "ding" when you plug it in (correctly, as described above) as the driver loads, it doesn't matter if the Magic 260 is plugged in or not, the "hardware" is the cable, not the Magic 260...

Jack
Jack,
You are right. I did check to make sure that the dongle end was connected to the computer and the standard USB connector was in the controller. The computer does "ding" when I connect the dongle but the light on the dongle does not flash when the data is transferred. Do you think I may have a bad Ulink cable or just bad LED? I truly appreciate your time and good advice.
Sincerly,
Aaron
If the computer "dings" then the USB dongle is detected, do you know if the driver is loading, does the hardware show up in Device Manager with a yellow "!"?

The light does not flash or glow at all on mine, I assumed it should as well but nope, it doesn't and still works fine. Assuming the driver is loading and the device is recognized by Windows, insert the dongle into the computer, then insert the other end into the Magic 260.

Open the ULink software, can you receive from the Magic 260 when you set the ULink to receive and then the Magic 260 to send?

Jack

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.