Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I modified this fixture profile in the scanlibrary editor to add correct color and gobo icons (so the 3D visualizer would be "accurate") however, I do get a couple errors/warnings after saving the profile:

- Beam warning

- Some preset on the Color channel do not use Color effects

- An icon cannot be found in the icon library

When I went ahead and saved the profile, once back in Compu Live I notice that many of the presets don't work correctly, some turn all the lights off or don't work at all.

Is there a trick to modifying fixture profiles to maintain the presets?

Also, is there a way to modify a profile and then load it into an existing show? I seem to have to start over and create a new show for the new profile to take effect.

Thanks for the help!
Soap, welcome to the forums.
Making or editing profiles can be quite tricky if your not sure of the effect using a certain preset can have.
Beam warning: means that you need to select a default preset level for the shutter, gobo, dimmer, iris, zoom, etc channels where the beam is effected on the fixture.
Some presets do not use color effects: if your selecting a color from the color section of the channels you need to have the effect above set too color wheel, this tells the 3D to use that color from that icon. I may or may not have a screen shot as the scan library editor i think your using we no longer use. We have a newer one that basically does all this effect assignment automatically.
Icon not found in the library: I'm not entirely sure. depends on the icon that you were trying to use.

Is there a trick? kinda, not really. Just got to be fluent with the program and know what effects do what in the 3D. Like I said we have a new editor that does most of the work for you now.
your last question: no, please find the desired profile BEFORE you begin programming. if you modify the profile after you have begun programming you may or may not need too delete the page and re patch it. I will check to see if there is a way to update the profile and have it take effect on a page that already has scenes and such programmed into it.
Sincerely,
Actually the editor in compu show will be the one that will be used in both live and show software from now on. They will be able to save the file as ssl and ssl2. so it is really your call if you want to use compu show. I recommend it. I've used it live and it was very nice. The palette system alone was a life safer coupled with the advanced midi capabilities in the program with a Elation MIDIcon controller. If you are using Compu show with a midi con you have something as good as a Hog or a GrandMA console hooked up to your PC. Big Grin
Sincerely,
Cool. Being this is my first run at using DMX software, would you recommend learning on CompuLive first (considering there's a manual for it and more resources out there to help) or just diving head first into CompuShow?

I realize the learning curve will be steep either way, just wondering if with CL it'll be a bit shorter and a good primer for CS. Right now, much of this is greek to me

I'd like to be able to go live with running software at shows within a month or so if possible

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.