Skip to main content

I just got this board, I upgraded from the Elation DMX Controller so I wouldnt have to learn something new - it seems very different.
I need help with 2 things:
1) The scanner buttons dont allow you to have a light on and not change its settings with all the other lights that are on at the same time. I am not sure if I missed something in the instructions but I cant seem to get this - on the smaller board there was a "group" button, is there anything like this on board?
2) The scanners are moving very shiffty and not smooth at all, we didnt have this issue with the other board and I am not sure why it is.

Everyone writes about how cool this board is so I dont want to give up yet - I just have a long weekend ahead of me to get this all reprogrammed by tuesday night!
Thank you very much!!!
Original Post
quote:
Originally posted by OmegaDog:

2) The scanners are moving very shiffty and not smooth at all, we didnt have this issue with the other board and I am not sure why it is.

As far as I can tell and from what I have read and researched...the shifty movement is a direct result of not using the correct DMX cabling. If you are using a standard mic cable with xlr ends this could be your problem. Here is a pretty good link to check out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4f7WxnMa0Q
I hope this helps

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.