Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

My units are 6 channels like the manual says. 1= red 2= green 3= blue 4= FX 5= strobe 6= dimmer .I have had them on an Avolites Pearl, a strand 550, a Elation Magic 260 , a dove systems IQ512 and a Baxter systems pocket console. I love the light and am using them on a bunch of shows but as far as the internal programs go they are not performing in a manor that is suitable of a professional quality unit. Is it possible to upgrade the chip to function in seven channel mode? I also have 6 of the design 60 LED strips ant the programs in this unit work very well.
I have the same problems as well with a few Design LED 36s I just ordered. Great lights, but the standalone programs have strobing in them as well as the internal programs via DMX.

Also, according to one of the paper manuals I have in front of me right now, there are two DMX modes. The first is 6 channel mode: R, G, B, Programs, Strobe, Dimmer. The second mode is 3 channel mode: R, G, B.
That just explains channel issues, not the strobing with internal programs and stand alone. The revision of the manual is from 12/06, and the 7 channel list is from 5/07, so the manual has yet to be updated for 7 channels or 6 channel lights are still being made/sold. What I stated is merely what was in black and white in front of me and what was sent with the product. It is also quite possible that PU lighting has an older, 6 channel version of the light and not the 7 channel. I know that when I use mine, they respond with 6 channels, not 7. I don't know how old the lights physically are, but Channel 1-3 is RGB respectively, 4 is internal programs, 5 is strobe, and 6 is dimmer. So when patched one to one, channel 7 brings up red on the second light without effecting the first.
ok actualy i was talking with elation today and it looks like there is an error of some kind there in FACT is no 7 ch. configuration for this unit. i apologize. i figured since there was an offical trait cut sheet then it had to be true. i don't work directly in l.a. with the rest of the guys im out in WI. and sometimes get out of the loop on things and i haven't had the chance to really demo the DLED 36's. i apologize for any confusion due in my part. elation will be taking the 7ch trait sheet down soon. once again sorry. peace! jingles.
elatin pro and a bunch of the other people from elation and american dj are now in orlando for this week's LDI. so you may or may not get a response from him sometime this week. also it never hurts to shoot a call to our service department and there is a toll free number. give them a call see if they have a Dled they can use while your talking to them and see if they see the problem too. best regards. jingles.
John and Ron ,
Thank you for your help on this problem. I am excited to hear that this might have a simple solution. I know that it is hard to please everyone with pre program effects but I feel strongly that this was a design flaw, and not just my picky personality trying to have my cake and eat it to. Given the time I would often write my own effects but when it comes to the people I am renting these units to just having them change colors without the strobing would make life allot easer. We had demos of many manufactures of LEDs over a 3 month period and compared brightness, color, and ease of use and for the price point the elation design 36 beat all. They have quickly become the work horse for many of our events, but would be even more useful if you could plug them in and walk away. I think the unit is great and I am just trying to contribute to a better product in the end, and at the same time protect my large investment into a up and coming lighting manufacturer
PU..

I noticed this in the internal programs as well a when we were first selling them, but didn't pay much attention to it.
However you mentioned setting them and walking away..
I have used them in stand alone, color scrolling settings in the past.. without a controller, and did not get the strobing flash.
Let me see if I can find that setting for you so you can set them and walk away.
I guess that is what i was waiting for it is a shame that 7 of the 8 programs are bad and that is that. I will be ordering the next twenty units sometime this week only i will be going with the Colorado1 from chauvet. I have ten of this units and the feature sets and service are way better and the price is $100+ better then the design 36. I am also starting to have problems with my design 60 units and will be shoping for another brand to complete my need for 15 more units.
Hi PU.. Believe me, I am also glad our R&D department jumped on it. I just wished they would have told me, instead of telling me they couldn't.

We will have lens kits for them as well, but it looks like a 15 and 45 degree kit.

I know they are working on an 8 or 12 degree lens kit, but nothing yet.

FYI.. Price on the DLED 36 went down a few dollars so you'll be able to get a better price, and we are introducing the DLED 108IP, which is a DLED 36 with K2 Leds, and IP65 rated.

Send me an e-mail for the 20 chips you need to John@elationlighting.com and i'll work on getting those chips to you.

Best regards,

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.