Skip to main content

I just spent the last several days programming my Magic 260 for my band's next gig. If there are any fixes for two bugs that I ran into repeatedly, I'd sure love to hear of them.

Bug 1: The M260 repeatedly looses the fixture profile for certain fixtures. Normally when you are in Scene/Fixture mode when you select a fixture the LED screen will have labels above each of the four rotary knobs, e.g., "Dimmer," "Macro," Move Speed."

However, when the M260 has lost the profile the word "Pan" appears above every knob. You go into MENU/CHOOSE FIXTURES and scroll to the offending fixture and it will show either the wrong fixture profile or no fixture profile patched to the fixture button. You can re-patch the appropriate profile to the button and it will ask you if you want to overwrite. [Note: If you try to do this with a profile that has not been lost by the M260, i.e., one that remains correctly patched to a button, you do not get the overwrite message.]

There are some profiles that never get lost by the M260 and other profiles that often get lost. There are some profiles that never get lost to certain buttons, but the same profile gets lost from other buttons.

Bug 2: Occasionally the Move Speed function will get caught in an endless do loop. The numbers rapidly and endlessly change – they change so fast that I can’t tell what they are doing. Neither trying to manually set the move speed to a specific number nor turning the M260 off and on stops the behavior. I was able to stop it by selecting the fixture having the problem and then another fixture with the same profile and setting the move speed on the second fixture, i.e., setting the speed on the second fixture stopped the number spinning on the first fixture.

Any help on either of these would be very much appreciated.

I’ve already re-flashed the firmware once – with firmware sent to me by Sergio – in an effort to fix these kinds of problems. Is the Magic 260 notoriously unstable or do I just have a bad unit?
Original Post

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.