Skip to main content

Hi All,

We just recently acquired a operator 192 controller with
  • 2 Oceana's
  • 16 Tracers
  • 22 Par 38's
  • 4 DMX-4 Dimmer packs

All of these products are Chauvet

Currently we have 16 Par 64's with a conventional dimmer pack and control board.

My question is simple...is all of this compatible to run off the operator 192 controller or do we have to use both systems?

My next question is how do we set up the op 192 with the chauvet dimmer packs?

I think one of our problems here is that we bought this stuff used and it didn't come with any software or usb dongle. Where exactly does a guy get these from?

All and any help with this is greatly appreciated.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi WideGlide

I'm new to this stuff also, but here's what I've learned so far. The 16 pars; each light should be plugged into it's own outlet on the DP(dimmer Pack). Most DP's have DUAL outlets on each channel, if you want to have individual control of each par lamp, use "ONLY 1" of the DUAL outlets for each lamp. The Op192 (Operator 192) has 12 fixtures each able to control 16 channels (12x16=192). Fixture 1 can control ch1-16. Fixture 2 can control ch17-32. Fixture 3 can control ch33-48. Fixture 4 can con......(do you see the pattern?)Ok, if you set the dipswitch on DP1 to (1), this DP will use ch.1-4
then, if you set the dipswitches on DP2 (1,3) this DP will use ch.5-8, if you set the dipswitches on DP3 to (1,4) this DP will use ch.9-12,then if you set the dipswitches on DP4 to (1,3,4) this DP will use ch.13-16. Now, fixture 1 on the controller will control all 16 of your PARs. Activate the fixture 1 button, set your bank button (1-8) on your faders, and move the faders you should now have control of the FIRST 8 PARS, set your "bank button" (9-16) now you should have control of your NEXT 8 PARS
If you understand how lighting dipswitches work then you can set the rest of your DMX lights in the same fashion. Each light fixture will use a certain amount of sequential channels. If you don't know how many channels the unit uses check the manufactures website. As long as all of your light fixtures don't add up to more then 192 channels, the Op192 will work fine for your needs. I hope this helped you some.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.