Skip to main content

Hi guys, I am running the Compu 1024EC and loaded the required drivers and latest updates. Everytime I plug the dongle into the computer it tries to update the firmware and the crashes. (looks like half of the update completes and then it freezes) when I use the task manager to end the program and then open up Easy Stand Alone it works but it says that it's running a Compu 2048. Irritating because anytime I try to do anything I need to go through this entire process. I'm concerned with a big show coming up that things may stop altogether. Thoughts!!!

Jon
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

HI James and John,

Compu-live does not recognize the dongle. I have been using The easy stand alone for a little over a year. When I updated to the new software it asked for the firm-ware update. That took care of a flickering issue I was having but now won't boot up properly. It's just interesting that it shows a different dongle with a different serial number in the Easy Stand alone. As far as computers are concerned I have tried this on a Mac Powerbook, a Compac Presario Laptop with XP and on 2 desktop machines with XP. All have been used to run the software in the past year! Thoughts????

Jon Pasbrig
Arizona Lutheran Academy
For JOhn Lopez,

I purchased this box about a year ago. Not had a problem until I did the update on the elation website that said "Drivers for all Compu Live Interfaces" As I mentioned, it did clear up a random flicker issue I was having but now I am canceling a firm-ware update everytime I switch computers. Computer specs are all similar, Windows XP (updated to the latest service packs), 2 gig of ram, AMD Athlon processors, 120 gig hard drives.

Jon
are you only using easy stand alone?

make sure you save all your work!

Download and install both Compu Live and Easy Stand Alone.
Forget about drivers.
The current downloads have the drivers embedded in software.

Then uninstall all current versions of software, compu and easy stand alone.
In your C: Drive look for folders SL2006 and Easy Stand Alone and delete them.

Next.. this one may be tricky and your on your own here as its a computer thing and not a Compu Live thing.

Open up device manager.. this tells you all devices connected to to your PC.
1. Expand Universal serial bus controllers.
2. Plug in USB interface
3. Wait for Intelligent USB interface to show up.
Or anything that may describe the USB interface.
4. Right click on it and delete or uninstall it.
5. Connect the USB interface to all USB ports and repeat this process till all USB ports are clear of USB drivers for this device.

Now you are with a clean slate.
Install Compu Live 1st. Then plug in interface and proceed to install drivers.
Then Install Easy Stand alone, then proceed to install drivers.
Remember to accept where it states that it is not windows aproved.

Let me know.
John, I will give this a shot but I'm going to wait until after tomorrow. I have a concert on Friday evening and have things working but.... I will try to clear everything and see what happens. I have only been using Easy Stand Alone because my fixtures were all pars and it was easy to setup and run quickly. I now have some LED's and am working with High End Moving lights and need to get more sophisticated with the programming. Maybe time to get to Compu-live.
John,

I spoke to soon. When I went to the cleaned computer and installed the dongle, I got the same issue that I had before. It makes it do a firm-ware update and then freezes. The dongle still registers as a different box. (it's showing on the computer as a 2048EC instead of a 1024 EC. Anyway, the machine freezes during the firmware update and when restarting then works. If you don't do the update it doesn't register the dongle at all in the software. Other suggestions!!!

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.