Skip to main content

Hi everyone,

I just bought 3 Accuspots 250 II with a DMX operator 192. Each fixture is being controlled individually. Just today, I decided to open up the 3rd light and hook it up to the 192. Two of them are working fine. However, the third one is giving me problems. After I had programmed it (addressed it to 33 as fixture 3), I moved the joystick around and it did not respond. Instead, it would make that particular fixture change colors rather than pan/tilt. It does pan/tilt when I use the channel faders, but it does not respond to the joystick. I hooked all three fixtures at the same time, and still no change. I reset that particular light to factory settings, and no change. I programmed it to fixture 4 on the controller, no change (thought maybe that particular fixture channel was faulty). I deleted all the joystick assignments, and re-progammed everything from scratch and that particular light still continues to do the same (no pan/tilt from the joystick, only changes colors with joystick movement). Also, another question. The other 2 lights only pan from side to side when programmed normally, and up and down when inverted. I don't know if that's normal or not.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi Martinez460 and welcome to the forums.

Have you tried assigning the 3rd light (one with the problems) to the same address as fixture one or two? If you do this, then the fixtures should mirror each other and do exactly what the other does. If this is the case, then its a patching issue. If not, then something else is afoot.

Looking at the Accu Spot 250 II, I see it is a 9 channel fixture. So patching one to one, the first fixture should be channel 1, the second channel 10, and the last channel 19. I am not quite sure how the DMX Operator 192 addresses/patches fixtures, but this is what is leaving me to believe it is a patching error.

As for your last question, I have never heard of anything like that before, quite odd. I would wait till Jingles or Elation_Pro comes along to answer that one.

Once again welcome to the forums and hope this helps.
Well, all I can say at this point is that I am confused and lost. The manual says, "The units will be shipped preset in 16 channel increments from the factory". I am going to be working with a total of 6 Accuspot 250 II fixtures, but I only have 3 currently in my posession (the other 3 are on the way). I have each fixture programmed like so (I want individual control of each fixture):

Fixture 1: A001 (Normal Pan/Tilt)
Fixture 2: A017 (Inverted Pan/Tilt)
Fixture 3: A033 (Normal Pan/Tilt)

When joystick is used, fixture 1 will only pan from side to side, but it will not tilt up/down. However, it does pan/tilt with the channel faders. When joystick is used on fixture 2 will tilt up/down, but it will not pan side to side. It does respond to the channel faders though. Fixture 3 will not respond to joystick movement. Instead, it changes colors with joystick movement. Fixture 3 does respond to channel faders. Yes, I programmed them properly as the manual states "PH-XX and TH-XX" and as for the inverted fixture, I also made sure I was in "reverse mode".

Then I literally placed the fixtures in different order and re-addressed them like so:

Fixture 1: A001 (Normal pan/tilt setting on all)
Fixture 2: A001
Fixture 3: A017

No change, exact same problems.

Then I did this:

Fixture 1: A001 (Normal pan/tilt setting on all)
Fixture 2: A001
Fixture 3: A001

This time, all the lights did respond to the joystick, but they still would not tilt up/down. They'd only tilt up/down when I used the channel fader. All fixtures were in 8 channel mode, then I re-did everything in 9 channel mode, and it still doing the same thing. It's very frustrating, and it's stressing me out because I'll need to worry about 6 lights this weekend.

Each time I'd re-address the fixtures, I'd reset the whole joystick assignments on the 192. I'd go to into program mode, and it was empty, but it would still move the last fixture(s) that was progammed there prior to deleting. It always does that only on the fixture button 1. And yes, I'd switch the 192 off, press and hold the Auto/Del & Mode buttons, and then switched the 192 back on as I held the buttons down. Am I doing something wrong here, or is it possible that I may have a fault 192? It was a labeled as a return by the online store where I bought it from.
Last edited by martinez460
Okay, after looking deeper, I think the issue is the joystick wants to see 16bit for pan and tilt. The Accuspot 250 II is 8bit for pan and tilt with no option for 16bit pan and tilt. This might be the issue since it works sometimes and other times it doesn't. Is there an option to make the joystick 8bit instead of 16bit?

So patching error in my opinon at this point. The joystick wants to see channel 1 pan, 2 pan fine, 3 tilt, and 3 tilt fine. So that would explain why on the first fixture, no tilt, it is using the color wheel channel. Then the next fixture, some how it is patched so channel 2 (tilt for the Accu Spot) is channel 1. Then it is farther off with fixture 3, making channel 3 channel 1.

As for the channel count, they are 8 or 9 channel fixtures. If you want to use remote DMX addressing or RDMX, then they need 16 channels.

I would look into the controller and see if you can set what channels the joystick controls and/or switching it to 8bit. This seems to be the issue at this point.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.