Skip to main content

Hey,

I've been using CompuLive for my church now for about 5 months now. Its great software, but for my usage I have four ideas I would love to share, and love for you to implement.

===================================================================================

First off, a password to lock the software. Being in a church as I am, we have kids. Some of these kids like to play with our equipment while I'm gone(Such as Sunday prior to service starting; after everything is already turned on). What I have proposed is a simple lock that prevents any unauthorized personnel to mess with the software. At the top left in the "Controller" drop down menu there would be an item named "Lock". What this will do is lock everything in the software. You will not be able to gain access back in to the software without entering a password (A separate password from the password used when opening the .ssh file would be nice). So you will be locked out of the program 100% unless you enter the correct password.

Here is a picture to explain better of how I would intend it to look:

===================================================================================

Second idea; color coding system. I have found myself stumlbing through some scenes during songs because I am not 100% sure of which scene is for the verse/chorus/etc. What I believe can help is a color coding feature. For just one song I may have 10 different cues, some for the intro/verse/chorus/verse2/bridge/ending/etc. These can get confusing trying to remember which number for which song is the verse/chorus/etc. I think being able to color code the scenes would make this much easier.

Here is a picture to show how it could look:

As you can see, it would be very simple to see which scene represents a certain part of a song. (Pink-Intro / Green-Verse / Red-Chorus / etc [The colors in this image are just for example, you should have the option to select from a wide variety of colors]). You can imagine how much easier it would be to differentiate the separate parts of a song.

Third idea; this is not an idea as much as a fix. I have my .ssh file set to have a password, which is great. Unfortunately if a person were to come an put in the wrong password (or press "cancel") they can still access scenes and programs. They are not able to edit them, but can still activate them. I am requesting that when a user enters the wrong password or clicks "Cancel" the program will lock, not allowing the person to do anything except enter the correct password. In my first paragraph I talked about kids playing with our equipment (BTW: we have talked to them and their parents before with no luck), just think if there is a special event going on during the week and I am not there, a child logs onto the computer and opens CompuLive. Even after clicking cancel this child can still activate scenes and programs.

Fourth idea; a log of successful and failed attempts to login into Compulive. Basically, I have my CompuLive setup so that you must put in a password when opening my .ssh file. I would like to see a log somewhere in which it shows every time a person logs in(puts in the password) to the .ssh file. What would make it better is to see all the failed attempts at getting into(wrong password) the program. I would intend for this to work with my idea #1 and #3. It shows who has logged in (or tried to) while I'm briefly away(Idea #1). It would also show who logged in(or tried to) while I'm not at church.

In summary:

1. A password "lock-out" feature in which you can completely lock the entire program while you are away from the computer.

2. A color coding system in which you can color code Master scenes in "Icon" mode for ease of use.

3. Fix the current issue where a user can still access CompuLive even after submitting an incorrect password on start-up.

4. A log file of every login (successful or failed) into the .ssh file and to unlock the program.

I love the product, I just think it could use a few extra tweaks. Please consider these ideas for the next update of CompuLive 2006.

Thank you very much!

-Chris-
cmfs2004@aol.com
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by jingles:
Are you using the latest version? the nov 4th 2008?

1) we have. take a look around the starting parameters.

2) We have also. but not the way you are looking for.

3) not too sure but i can ask.

4) Also not sure but again will ask.
Sincerely,

I do in fact have the November 2008 version.

If you are talking about "Protections", I have a password already set for this. This is only good when opening CompuLive, I do not see how this can lock the program after it is already opened?

I see the color coding for some things, but just think how much easier it would be to distinguish a verse/chorus/bridge/etc in a song by just using colors. Currently for every song I have to remember what numbers equal the parts of the song.

This is kind of a big issue, its almost useless that you are able to press cancel and still activate scenes. When putting in the wrong password or pressing cancel it should lock-down the entire program.

This isn't a big deal, just a thought.

-Chris-
cmfs2004@aol.com

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.