Skip to main content

Hi all! I've recently picked up 6 power spot 250's (for a heck of a deal, might I say). Four of them were great, one was having a lamp striking issue that I've been able to fix. I'm down to my last fixture issue.

When you power on this fixture (lamp off but case open) the gobo and color wheels spin as usual to find their home spot. The gobo wheel seems to be having a problem finding its home. The fixture will get into its home position as if everything is ready to go, but the gobo's themselves are constantly spinning, as if looking for the magnet on the multi colored glass gobo. If I turn the whole gobo wheel a couple of positions over, the magnet lines up with the reader and from there it corrects itself. Is there a reason that the magnet is not being detected the first time when turning the fixture on? I can take a short video of this and upload it, if it would help visualize what's happening.

To help clarify in a bit more detail, there are two magnets on the gobo wheel. A large one next to the open gobo spot, and a small one that's on one of the gobos itself. The larger one I assume tells the fixture where the wheel is positioned and the smaller one tells it how the individual gobos are positioned? As I said, the individual gobos will spin indefinitely until I move the whole wheel a turn or two and the larger magnet goes over the detector, and then the whole thing corrects itself. Thanks for any input!
Original Post
I dug around on some other threads and eventually found someone having similar issues but with a different fixture. The gobo and prism wheels seem to be sticking and need some 90wt gear oil applied to the bearings; I'm assuming this is the root problem as it is a bit difficult to spin those parts by hand. If those parts have a hard time finding their home position, it messes up the function for most of the rest of the fixture it seems.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.