Skip to main content

OK, we purchased Compu Live to use during our worship services. We have 2 Elation Design Spot 250's and 2 ROBE ColorSpot 250's. Everytime I try to use Compu Live to control the lights, the program crashes. I downloaded the latest version of Compu Live and am experiencing the same results.

Can anybody help?
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

My new copy crashes constantly as well.

I've tried it on two separate computers. Both were reformatted with new copies of WinXP 32 bit and SP3.

The software crashes every 10-15 of usage and it crashes at different points doing different things.

Should I be using a different operating system?

This version says it is Dec 2007. Is there a later version?

Oh yeah it is a Compu Live 2048FC if that matters.
Hi,

I downloaded it and installed it. The "spash" window says Jan 2008.

I'll run for a while in my on-going effort to try to figure out how to use the software.

I do notice that the 3D visualize window doesn't come up anymore and I can't figure out how to display it. How can I get it to display again?

I installed this version in beginner mode and told it to load the demo page.

Jeron
Sorry, I've been busy with other things and haven't had a chance to respond. I downloaded the Jan 24th version and am still experiencing the same issues. The only message I get is sls2006.exe has encountered an error and will now close.

Please help! My pastor is more than a little annoyed that we shelled out all this cash for a program that doesn't work.

Thanks!
You should all have this version. Also I should have a newer edition up next week.

http://www.elationlighting.com/pdffiles/ela_2006.exe.zip

Aside from that it could be that the Compu live lighting software is not compatible with something else you have on your computer.
Are you running anything else other than Compu Live you that computer?
An Audio program maybe, a video program, something else that may have an interface connected to it?

If you are not running any other programs, then uninstall the version your currently have.. delete the SL2002 folder in your C:drive, then reinstall it.

Install in regular mode, not beginner mode. There may be something in the Beginner mode causing this, but I haven't heard any of this yet.
I am actually running CompuLive on a MacBook Pro running Parallels with Windows XP. My specs are 2.33 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo with 2 GB RAM. There are no other applications installed. We tried the software on an HP laptop running Windows Vista and experienced the same result. I will try and call tomorrow, depending on when I get off work. Thanks for your help!
Hi,
I just d/l'ed the 08 update. I saved it to a brand new folder so as to prevent any potential "AUTO DELETIONS" of any of my current programming/custom fixtures/shows/stages/etc. I went ahead and copied over all of my Shows, Stages, and Fixture Profiles to the 08 folder. My question is, if I delete the 06 folder, will all of my Fixture Profiles and Scenes still perform like they should?

Also, what are the new updates/improvements in the latest version ('08)? I tried doing a search, but could not find the thread where I saw the answer to this a while back.

Thanks,
Brian
hello brian. if you moved everything over to the new folder location then i would say it is safe to delete the 06 folder. in fact i never move my stuff when i update cause it doesnt copy over your shows or profiles i believe it just overwrites old data. i have been doing it like that for a while and it works but if you feel safe doing i that way then do what works for you. so yes delete and it should be fine. but if your not sure save it to a flash drive or something like that. or keep the files in a email to yourself and store it in a folder in your email. about the improvements. i dont know exactly. bug fixes more compatibility with vista. also depends on which version you used last. if you have any question you know how to find me. Sincerely,

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.