Skip to main content

I am new to the world of DMX so I hope I can get some help here... I just purchased an FC-400 DMX Control Footswitch and I am having some trouble programming it. I am using it with 4 Microh PAR 38 LED spotlights currently.

First off the pedal came with no manual so I had to download one from the Elation site... no biggy. Now the pedal has a fog machine input and switch but no mention of that in the manual (thus no instruction on how to use). It has a 1/4" audio input, but how do you control the chase in music mode... I see no adjustment... and do I need to use the audio input... the manual says there is a built in microphone but there is nothing noted as such on the pedal and how do you adjust for sensitivity. Also in the manual is a DMX Polarity switch and this pedal does not have that.

In Program mode there are programs 1 - 16, then A1 - A4... what's the difference? And also, when in Program mode with it in Auto there are long periods of time with no lights on? If I am right the LED's I see on top of the pedal represent the 4 channel output with channel 1 being the intensity, channel 2 being red, channel 3 being green and channel 4 being blue. I can see the LED's going through their sequence as they flash on and off but when the 2nd and 3rd LED's are on (red & green) the intensity LED is off so there is no output? Is this right? The only work around for that I think is to speed up the chase so it gets to the next colour quicker but then I get a strobe effect and that is not what I am looking for... please help me!?!

I would appreciate any help I can get with this... very frustrated!!
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.