I am a new DJ, have done a few gigs, with analogue lighting using the Chauvet 9005, did not like it much, so next week I pick up a DMX operator 192, and four Martin lights.
The retailer is going to set up a program for me on the 192 to get me started. So I have a couple of questions
1- Will the DMX 192 Save this program even when powered down?

2- I understand I can save a light show on a usb mem stick, does this require special software?

3- Can I use my windows xp pc to program a show and load into the 192, using the USB?

4- if I want to run any of my analogue divices, what is the proper switcher? dp-415, or dpdmx 20L?

thanks
the newbie!
Original Post
ok i will make this quick but if u need more info please ask!
1: yes it will. internal memory and that is what dmx boards do mainly. save show data.
2: nope!
3: no u cannot if u want ot do that get compuware. just my sugestion i love compuware.
4: i dunno the exact term if ur lights dim get the dpdmx20L if u just want to switch them off and on get a switch pack.
peace! jingles! lighting guru! LOL Wink
I have received my operator 192, and the user manual is not very friendly... is there another resource that could be used to learn the programming?

someone at the store told me that there might be a CD or DVD available that will teach me how to program a show into the 192. Does this exist? and is it downloadable?

I had a loaner DMX operator, can I use that manual? is it the same programming?

Also I have been trying to find the usave software, I understand it will allow me to save a show I programmed onto my USB memory stick. Can you tell me where I can download the software?
Call me and I might be able to talk you through it. I have a few of the other styles of this model (not this exact one), They are all pretty much the same.... if nothing else, I can steer you in the right direction.

Actually - in the last 2 minutes, I downloaded the manual...2 minutes later.....

pretty straight forward...

407-832-3196
is this something we can do on msm or a chat service, it is 79 cents per minute for me to call you, and I know it will not be a short call.

is there a training video, or a training CD available that could help me out?
really? i thought thee was a toll free number. n e wys dusty u can always hit me up on my yahoo messenger or msn. here they are jingles8302 (at) yahoo or hotmail. ok? peace! jingles!! i own the op 192 and know that controler inside and out.
As far as the op192's memory stick backup feature, it is really necessary to use their special memory stick?

Is it possible to just use a standard USB thumb drive? Anybody here doing that?

Thanks,

Joe
That's what I was afraid of.

The reason I ask is that I've been trying to get one for my op192 for over a month, and it's backordered. What's the hold up? USB thumb drives are everywhere, dirt cheap. One of the reasons I got the board was so I could back up the programming, which took a long time.

Thanks,

Joe
Hi Joe,
Yes, you are correct. It looks like we will get more USB mem sticks on July 22nd.
It looks like more people prefere to use the U link cable.
The U link cable is currently available and works just like the USB mem stick.

Best regards,
do you need a Elation U-link for the magic 260 and does it come with the magic 260?and do you need the Elation U-link as soon as you get the magic 260?

walter
The cable is sold separately. You only need the cable if you wish to add profiles that are not in the library that is preloaded into the magic at the factory.
Sincerely,

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.