Skip to main content

Hi there,
I've done some browsing on here, and seen a posting similar to what is happening to one of my two faulty DSpot 250 Pro units, I tried the same fix recommended there, but it didn't seem to help...

One of my units, when powered, turns on the display and fans, but no motors run (despite the screen saying "Motor Reset"), nothing moves on the unit, and the screen doesn't indicate that it detected an error. I opened the cover plate and replaced the fuses on the PCB board (as suggested in another forum topic), but that did not solve the problem. The fuses were blown however, and it seems as though these new replacement fuses blew as well. Suggesting a more serious issue somewhere...
On the second unit, when plugged in, absolutely nothing happens at all. As if I didn't even plug it in. I checked the main fuse, along with the other fuses, and they were all intact.
Both of these units were on the same show run, along with 6 others, which are all fine. These two were not working after they were taken back out of their road cases, to be checked for another upcoming show.

I have purchased these units along with 2 others directly from Elation on September 26th of 2011 - so they are STILL covered until the 2-year limited warranty, and the 1-year *even more limited* warranty. I'd appreciate any suggestions on things I can try on my own, or who to contact if I need to have them professionally serviced - in which case, I'd like to know if there is a location closer to me than California, where I can ship these. Shipping from Buffalo to LA would cost me almost $1000 for two of these fixtures...

Thank you very much in advance!

-Eric J. Van Pyrz
Lighting Technician
Original Post

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.