Skip to main content

I'm new to DMX and I need as much guidance as I can get. We have a DMX Operator, (6) American DJ Par 64 LED lights and (4) Martin RoboScan lights. I need to learn how to assign addresses and what that will allow me to do once they are assigned. I saw a suggestion for Stocklude to get the DMX101 DVD. How can I get my paws on one? We are hoping to open the club on Thursday and any help will be appreciated.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

The first thing that I need to accomplish is being able to turn individual lights on or off at will. I'm assuming that by assigning each light to one of the 12 fixture switches will accomplish this? I'll definitely want to get a lot more in depth later, but, with opening coming up and more to do besides lighting, I'll settle for this much and work the rest out later.
I don't have windows live. Sorry! If I could assign one light per switch, that would be great. I won't have access to the setup until tomrrow, so, if you could give me a basic explanation of how to do that, it would be killer. I can give it a shot tomorrow and see if I can do it. I'm assuming that this involves the DIP switches on the lights themselves? Like I said earlier, eventually, I want to get more involved, but this will get me started. I do appreciate the help!
well i know the adj lights are 6 ch's each you will need a dip switch guide. here is some literature for u to read. here is a pdf file of a dip switch chart. DIP SWITCH CHART!
how many ch's are the martin scanners?? what u need to do is assign ur leds like so:
led can 1 dip # 1 on
led can 2 dips # 1,2,3 on
led can 3 dips # 2,3,4 on
led can 4 dips # 1,3,5
led can 5 dips # 1,2,4,5
led can 6 dips # 6
and now ur martin scanners will start on channel 38 i think. u understand?? i have to go. im sure someone else will help in the morn if not i will be back tomm afternoon. peace sincerely jingles!
Hey, I tried to reply last night but somehow it didn't go through. I got the LED PAR cans working right, but, I'm having trouble with the Roboscans. I contacted Elation and found out that the polarity is different on the Roboscans. I solved that problem. They don't quite work like they should. They seem to work when they want to. This morning, I'm going to make a line terminator and see if that helps.

Now to learn how to operate the controller!

Anyway, thanks for your help. The DMX chart was a big help.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.