Skip to main content

What happen when I have more than 32 lights. Do I just need a DMX splitter? Is that what mulit universes are for? Sorry for all the questions. I just started this last week and I am lost. We are adding lights to our sanctuary and I am on a deadline. I thinks we have about 43 lights all together. 13 slimpar pro tri / 10 rocklite RGBAW / 16 Chauvet COLORband RGB / 4 Elliipsoidals on dimmerpacks. I have been reading where DMX supports 512 channels and 32 fixtures. With Compu 2006 what do I need after light # 32. I have the COMPU SD.

Thanks!
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

it all really depends on how many channels you are using. Calculate how many channels you are using. if its over 512 then you will need to use the second dmx output on the compu interface. as far as control goes there is no limit on how many lights can go on a universe. There is however signal loss after going through so many fixtures. After going to 32 fixtures it is recommend he uses a signal amplifier, which is also a splitter. Thats only if all the fixtures are on the same line.
so you may want to look into getting something like this or GET THIS! LOL: http://www.elationlighting.com...gory=DMX%20Solutions
Let me know if this helps.
Sincerely,

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.