Skip to main content

Hi there,

i'm trying to configure some of my lighting devices for the use with the Magic 260 Controller. Everything is fine but i couldn't figure out what "Step DMX" in the "Magic260 Software - Fixture Edit - Channel Values" means. Do i need this? What is it for?

Another question is why the Magic 260 Controller only uses 5 Steps in the DMX Values. If i turn the wheels and want to change a DMX value he goes from 0 to 5 from 5 to 10 and so on. Is it possible to change this.

Please help me !!! Thanks a lot.

Christian
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

In the creator the "Step"s are for each preset in a fixture. For example a color wheel will have several steps like 0-10 white/open. 11-20 red, 21-30 blue, etc. Make sense? Each step in the profile creator is a preset in the DMX chart.

The reason the magic scrolls in increments of 5 DMX values is because it is easier to scroll through the whole 0-255 range this way without constantly rotating the wheel. If you want to scroll exactly through each specific value press the "Fine" button and this will allow for "Fine" scroll of the dmx channel in increments of 1 dmx value per click of the wheel. Hope this helps.
Welcome to the forums.
Sincerely,
quote:
Originally posted by Jingles:
In the creator the "Step"s are for each preset in a fixture. For example a color wheel will have several steps like 0-10 white/open. 11-20 red, 21-30 blue, etc. Make sense? Each step in the profile creator is a preset in the DMX chart.

The reason the magic scrolls in increments of 5 DMX values is because it is easier to scroll through the whole 0-255 range this way without constantly rotating the wheel. If you want to scroll exactly through each specific value press the "Fine" button and this will allow for "Fine" scroll of the dmx channel in increments of 1 dmx value per click of the wheel. Hope this helps.
Welcome to the forums.
Sincerely,

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.