Skip to main content

Hello Forum members.  Sure hope you can help me.  I'm am a union sound guy working in the industry for the local and only have a basic knowledge of lighting instruments.  I recently purchased 8 Martin Mac 250 Kryptons at auction.  I really don't have a DMX console to run them thru, but there is one at work, an ETC Element, that i am vaguely familiar with.
3 of the units work flawlessly, one needs a tilt belt after a Halloween decoration (spider webbing) incident, and 1 has a jumpy pan motor when it goes into high speed.
However, the reason for this post is that the other 3 units all have the same problem.  When I run the test sequence, all 3 work fine until they get to the prism function.  At that point, the shutter, or dimmer closes, and the lights appear to continue to run thru the sequence but do not respond to the corresponding movement.  All the while I can see that the lamp is on, changing colors, etc., thru a pin hole size opening in the shutter. After a couple minutes the display shows a HOT error.
I am familiar with the service bulletin about the prism belt tension, and it seems ok to me, not too loose, not too tight.  I have opened up the units and cleaned them gently with an air compressor.  The lamps do have quite a bit of time on them and probably should be replaced, but no more time than the units that are working, and all the lamps strike and stay lit.
Im feeling like this must be a simple problem since all 3 units do the exact same thing.  Maybe a firmware update?  Just not sure but, hoping someone here on the forum with expertise can guide me.  Thank you in advance!

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.