Skip to main content

I am evaluating the software for purchase and to determine which Windows operating systems are compatible using 3 separate laptops. I have downloaded and run release 1.00 Build 10 on all three computers without a problem.

The XP laptop recognizes the dongle, finds the driver in the correct file folder, loads the driver and works fine. The Vista and Windows 7 laptops recognize the dongle, but cannot find the driver in the correct file folder. What am I missing?
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I just purchased the Emulation software and I have Windows 7 64 bit driver. I spoke with a tech from elation and said i have to download the 64 bit driver from web site. I have, but im noticing on the installation that its showing files I dont have. The disc I have is a 1.00 version. My file has emulation 100 and instrutions show emulation 1003. Is there something I am missing or is there another version I should of recieved?
James, I did do everything listed in the PDF. I got to a point where it said the driver was not digitally signed and wouldnt let me go further.

I actually got around this and shut of that option in Vista. I got the driver installed, but it still would not show up in the software when I launch Emulation. In otherwords I am getting no "version" and the cue cable is not showing up under hardware.
My developer would like answers to these question if you please. We appreciate it.
"- Is his Vista 32bit or 64bit?
- If he plugs in the CueCable, does he here the ‘new hardware connected’ tune of windows?

* Does windows pops up ‘new hardware found’ dialog?
* When he looks at the device manager, does he see an item being added to the list when he connects the Cuecable?
* Does it work on a different computer? Maybe a XP 32bit or Mac ?"
Sincerely,
James,
First off, thank you for your help with this.

I am on *64 Bit

*Cue Cable seems to be recognized in the device manager when the Cue cable is pluged in, but both the Cue Cable and WinDriver have a yellow triangular sign next to them.I assume this means that they are not working.

* The windows "new hardware found " dialog does not come up any longer.
* I will try it on my Mac as soon as possible
James,

Something I forgot. I have downloaded the latest build. It is a little confusing. It says that it is build 1028 for PC, It is also spelled wrong "Enulation" but after you download it and extract it it says MACOSX. Actually both of the current downloads from the Elation site say this after you extract them.
Just a heads up..
Ok one small item on the Mac install? The emulation software does not show up under the applications?

How do I open it? The only way I have been able is to reopen the .dmg download ?

I gotta tell you I am not super stoked on this. So far it is a disaster. Back to the 260 for now. We are dead in the water with Emulation on 2 Macs and 1 PC at this point.

We were planning to install one of these on our system at Guitar Center also. I am a little hesitant to do this until I know I can be sure the install is easy and the program runs solid. Otherwise I will be hung by our customers!
Frowner
I understand. Let me figure a few things out.
On the Windows PC installs you did the command prompt and everything?
You know i am not too familiar with mac. Is there anything either documents or programs that say elation?
Also I do not see any typo's on our website or on either mac or PC downloads. Emulation is a stable and easy to use program. We are trying our best to locate your issue and address it. Hell you even have me and the developer looking at things on the weekend we are trying to get this fixed.
Sincerely,
Hi James,

Read through this. This is what is coming up in my C: Promt
Microsoft Windows [Version 6.0.6002]
Copyright (c) 2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Windows\system32>cd \Program Files (x86)\Elation\Emulation1028\drivers\win64

C:\Program Files (x86)\Elation\Emulation1028\drivers\win64>install.bat

C:\Program Files (x86)\Elation\Emulation1028\drivers\win64>wdreg -inf windrvr6.i
nf install
WDREG utility v10.10. Build Sep 2 2009 09:43:37

Processing HWID *WINDRVR6
Installing a signed driver package for *WINDRVR6
LOG ok: 1, ENTER: DriverPackageInstallA
LOG ok: 1, ENTER: DriverPackageInstallW
LOG ok: 1, Looking for Model Section [DeviceList.NTamd64]...
LOG ok: 1, Installing INF file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Elation\Emulation1028\dri
vers\win64\windrvr6.inf' (Plug and Play).
LOG ok: 1, Looking for Model Section [DeviceList.NTamd64]...
LOG ok: 1, Installing devices with Id "*WINDRVR6" using INF "C:\Windows\System32
\DriverStore\FileRepository\windrvr6.inf_5cf16286\windrvr6.inf".
LOG ok: 1, ENTER UpdateDriverForPlugAndPlayDevices...
LOG ok: 0, RETURN UpdateDriverForPlugAndPlayDevices.
LOG ok: 1, Installation was successful.
LOG ok: 0, Install completed
LOG ok: 1, RETURN: DriverPackageInstallW (0x0)
LOG ok: 1, RETURN: DriverPackageInstallA (0x0)
difx_install_preinstall_inf: err 0, last event 0, last error 0. SUCCESS
install: completed successfully

C:\Program Files (x86)\Elation\Emulation1028\drivers\win64>wdreg -inf cuecable64
.inf install
WDREG utility v10.10. Build Sep 2 2009 09:43:37

Processing HWID USB\VID_0547&PID_1026
Installing a non-signed driver package for USB\VID_0547&PID_1026
Device node (hwid:USB\VID_0547&PID_1026): does not exist and is not configured.
Pre-installing.
LOG ok: 1, ENTER: DriverPackagePreinstallA
LOG ok: 1, ENTER: DriverPackagePreinstallW
LOG ok: 1, Driver package is already preinstalled 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Elatio
n\Emulation1028\drivers\win64\cuecable64.inf'.
LOG ok: 0, C:\Program Files (x86)\Elation\Emulation1028\drivers\win64\cuecable64
.inf is preinstalled.
LOG ok: 1, RETURN: DriverPackagePreinstallW (0xB7)
LOG ok: 1, RETURN: DriverPackagePreinstallA (0xB7)
difx_install_preinstall_inf: err b7, last event 0, last error 0. ERROR_ALREADY_
EXISTS
install: completed successfully

C:\Program Files (x86)\Elation\Emulation1028\drivers\win64>
James,

Thanks for your help once again. This is so frustrating.

The error I get when I went the Device Manager after doing the roll back is:

Win Driver Error

Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and to see if there is a solution available.

I also get the Unidentified Device installed,
and it says that the software for this device has been installed successfully and is ready to use.

Thanks
Loop
Yep, I have done it about 30 times with this program.

I work in Pro Audio at a Guitar Center and have a studio so I am pretty familiar in diagnosing these problems. I generally figure them out. This is why its driving me nuts.I have tried every which way backward and forward that I can think of. The good news is that my PC is running like a Ferrari now because I cleaned it up so much.

I work for a lighting company also and want to be able to use the PC to run Emulation. We have some other programs that have to run on PC otherwise I would just use a Mac.

Thanks
Loop

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.